Sometimes, eating rice can get tiring. As Nigerians, we tend to eat it a lot at special events, breakfast, lunch, dinner, etc.
If you are looking for ways to stir up your appetite for rice in the coming days, why not try out this simple recipe for Chinese fried rice?
Preparation – five minutes
Cook – 10 minutes
Ready in – 15 minutes
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp butter
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cups cooked white rice, cold
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tsp ground black pepper
• 1 cup cooked chopped chicken meat
1. In a small bowl, beat egg with water.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
3. Add egg and leave flat for one to two minutes.
4. Remove from skillet and cut into shreds.
5. Heat oil in the same skillet; add onion and sauté until soft.
6. Add rice, soy sauce, pepper and chicken.
7. Stir fry together for about five minutes and then stir in egg.
8. Serve hot.